Awesome protection for your face and seals
The FatGuard front mudguard offers incredible protection from the relentless onslaught of mud and spray generated by the huge tyres found on Fat Bikes. The FatGuard also incorporates our unique and proven 'Seal Guard' design feature as found on our EnduroGuard mudguard, this offers unrivalled protection for your fork seals for those running suspension forks.
Fitting the FatGuard
- Remove Remove zip ties and insert them into just the holes on the arms of the guard
- Bend and slide the FATGUARD into position from the front
- LOOSELY attach the bottom zip ties around the fork leg, then push up and angle the guard so you can see which snap-off holes on the top you need to pop out (NB: There are holes in the centre for those with holes in the top of their fork)
- Carefully pop out the holes with a pen or screw driver and slide through the zip ties
- You can rotate / twist the bottom arms around the legs to raise/lower the back of the guard (ensure the guard doesn't hit the frame when bottoming the fork)
- Tighten all zip ties TIGHT and cut off any excess
- It is important to check the guard doesn't strike the frame when turning the bars or when bottoming the fork if you are using a suspension fork
You must ensure there is at least 15mm of tyre clearance and 10mm between the back of the guard and the downtube of the frame to ensure there is no interference when steering.
Our FatGuard is designed, manufactured, and packed in the United Kingdom